Monday 16 July 2012

What Would Twiggy Do?

My fashion dream when I became pregnant was to find some 1960s style dresses with empire waists, loud, colourful prints and bell sleeves, somewhat like the glorious dresses below.


Pattern available from http://www.etsy.com/shop/AdeleBeeAnnPatterns?ref=seller_info

Unfortunately, they only existed in my imagination. However, I was lucky in that I found one sweet dress, which I call the Twiggy dress. It's a simple, cute, white summer dress.


(The dress demanded some mini daisies.)


Outfit: White Twiggy dress, Topshop maternity; yellow ballet flats, Clarks. 


And finally, a classic photo of the insouciant, Lolita-like Twiggy at her finest. Only Twiggy can make slightly frustrated boredom look this alluring. 



Image from http://www.sixtiescity.com/Fashion/Images/fashionpics.shtm


A white dress and some peaches evoke summer for me. What are your summer staples?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your sweet comment! YOu looked great in that white dress with cute yellow shoes! Great sewing job! xx
    Considered eliminating the word verification, it really is a pain...
    Alice Barton ♥ TheMowWay

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is unbelievably perfect, and I love the mod associations you have going on with the yellow shoes and daisies in the hair. Very Twiggy indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with the others, you look adorable. Thanks for showing my sewing pattern, I'm a new follower. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete